In the early 17th century, Villasis was a barrio of Malasiqui called Pandoyocan. It was a  village mostly composed of settlers from different towns. The area was covered with thick bushes and forest areas. Pandoyocan became a major source of timber used by the Spanish to build small crafts to medium size ships. One such ship was built in Lingayen.

The Spanish authority elevated the status of Pandoyocan to a town on October 18, 1759, by Bishop Miguel Espelita of Cebu, the first Filipino Archbishop, and Governor General. The first election was held on May 13, 1760, electing the first Gobernadorcillo and other munic­ipal officials of Pandoyocan.

Mass migration in the 18th and 19th centuries from neighboring Ilocos provinces revived the stagnant town of Pandoyocan after its population dwindled due to several revolts in the 18th century. A petition was made to re-establish Pandoyocan as a municipality. Despite the clamor among the locals for self-governance, the reconstruction of Pandoyocan only started on June 22, 1804, after Governor Rafael Maria de Aguilar issued a decree. In his honor, the decree was amended by Governor Felgueras on March 2, 1807, renaming the town of Pandoyocan to Villasis.

Villasis is part of the fifth congressional district. It has a total land area of 7,583 hectares and a population of 65,047 people according to the 2020 census.

Dubbed as “vegetable basket of the north,” and “vegetable home of Pangasinan,” Villasis launched its local festival named “Talong Festival” in 2012 thru a 9-day celebration with exciting activities as highlights of the event. It was during its launching that the Villasis Vegetable Trading Post or Bagsakan was opened to the public. The festival is held every January of each year.


Nonato Abrenica

Vice Mayor
Cheryll Tan

Nicumar-Leo Blanco
Nydia Cacapit
Paz Rafanan
Rolando Morden
Edlice Grace Rojo
Jesus Lizardo
Chrisanto Asenafe Balila
Audrey Jamille Susan Sison

Urdaneta City

The petitioners who call themselves Cabeza Tenientes wished to name the new town Soldevilla, named after Senior Don Manuel Boutelon y Soldevilla, the Alcalde Mayor of the Province at that time. When he declined, the Parish Priest, Fr. Nicolas Manrique Alonzo suggested the name Urdaneta, in honor of Father Andres de Urdaneta, a famous soldier, navigator, historian, cosmographer, and evangelist. He also joined Legazpi’s Expedition to the Philippines in 1564.

A conglomeration of several neighboring barrios of Asingan, Villasis, Malasiqui, Santa Barbara, Mangaldan, Manaoag, and Binalonan, Urdaneta was organized into a pueblo on January 8, 1858, populated mostly by Ilocano migrants from neighboring provinces.

The petition of Cabeza Tenientes for the establishment of the Municipality of Urdaneta was granted on January 8, 1858, with the inauguration of the city held two months later.

Through Rep. Amadeo R. Perez Jr., the sponsor of R.A. 8480, a bill converting the Municipality of Urdaneta into a component city passed into law. Urdaneta was proclaimed a city on March 21, 1998.

Urdaneta is part of the fifth congressional district. It is 24 kilometers from Dagupan city and 59 kilometers from the capital town Lingayen. Urdaneta has a total land area of 10,026 hectares and a population of 144,577 people according to the 2020 census.

Its convenient location made Urdaneta City a bagsakan or a drop-off point for goods from different towns and provinces. Urdaneta City produces rice, vegetables, and noodles.

Attractions in Urdaneta City include the Museo de Urdaneta, Cabaruan, Sugcong, and Oltama Rolling Hills.


Julio Parayno

Vice Mayor
Jimmy Parayno

Franco Paolo Del Prado
Aurelio Agsalud
Warren Andrada
Blesido Sumera
Onofre Gorospe
Amado Veridiano
Alfonso Miguel Del Prado
Jhan Hero Sumera
Franklin Villanueva
Rio Virgilio Esteves


The Municipality of Sison was a barrio of San Fabian called Alava, named after the Spanish province of Alava. The land experienced a mass migration of settlers from neighboring towns due to its rich soil and vast plains. Several townships within the area like the towns of Labayug and Esperanza were fused to form a bigger town named Artacho. Years later, the town of Alava and Artacho formed an even bigger township to improve their revenue collection and finally establish an independent municipality.

A bill sponsored by Senator Pedro Maria Sison was approved granting the fusion of Artacho and Alava. the town was named Sison, in honor of the great senator who sponsored the bill on May 11, 1918.

Sison is part of the fifth congressional district. It borders the provinces of La Union and Benguet. the town has a total land area of 8,188 hectares and a population of 52,320 people according to the 2020 census.

An agricultural town, Sison uses a huge portion of its land for farming with rice as its major produce. it also supplies bananas and vegetables to its neighboring towns. Sison also produces other crops such as corn, mung bean, peanut, garlic, and tobacco.


Danilo Uy

Vice Mayor
Alma Lomibao

Benson Aquino
Samson Murao
Dandan Tayag
Ericson Biason
Mina Joy Pangasinan
Larry Leo
Jomar Fabros
Charipec Baoanan

Santo Tomas

Formerly called “Arranggo”, named after the freshwater shells that were once abundant in the area, the town was established as a municipality in 1898. It was renamed Santo Tomas upon the recommendation of Don Fulgencio Andaya, an influential local at the time. The townsfolk rejected the name San Isidro as several places in the province had already been named San Isidro.

Through the persistence of local leaders such as Don Fernando Mina and Don Antonio Puruganan, the plan to establish Santo Tomas as an independent municipality was initiated. However, the Philippine-American war derailed the process. Not until 10 years later in 1908 that the plan was again forwarded to the provincial government in Lingayen, Pangasinan. Finally, the central government in Manila approved the establishment of Santo Tomas as a municipality separate from the town of Alcala.

Santo Tomas is part of the fifth congressional district. It has a total land area of 1,299 hectares and a population of 14,878 people according to the 2020 census.

An agricultural town, Santo Tomas has a significant part of its land dedicated to its agro-industrial businesses. The town’s main products include palay, yellow corn, coconut, tobacco, poultry, and livestock farming.


Dickerson Villar

Vice Mayor
Timoteo Villar

Jonathan Castanaga
Garry Villar
Heidiliz Ordono
Mary Jane Saavedra
Winifred Pescador
Robert Bravo
Benigno Pasig
Ely Ramos


There were several conflicting accounts of the origin of the towns name. Historians suggest  that the name Pozorrubio was suggested by Rev. Fr. Asencio to honor Governor-General Carlos Maria de la Torre y Navacerrada, who was the Count of Pozor at the time and is instrumental to the establishment of the municipality of Pozorrubio . Others believe came from the Spanish words; “pozo” which means heart, and “rubio” which means red.

Pozorrubio was once called Claris, named after Juan de la Cruz Palaris, a local hero who led the revolt of 1762 that resulted in a short-lived independence of Binalatongan (now San Carlos City) along with other towns in Pangasinan against the Spanish empire. Claris was a small settlement that later became a barrio of San Jacinto.

On June 19, 1868, influential locals filed a petition to the Governor-General Carlos Maria de la Torre y Navacerrada that will establish Barrio Claris into an independent town. Spain granted the petition on November 3, 1869, and on January 13, 1870, the Municipality of Pozorrubio was established.

Pozorrubio is part of the fifth congressional district of the province of Pangasinan. It is 60 kilometers from the capital town Lingayen. Pozzorrubio has a total land area of 13,460 hectares and a population of 74,729 people as per the 2020 census.

Pozorrubio’s famous product is “patupat,” a native delicacy made from sticky rice and wrapped in finely woven coconut leaves. With the popularity of the town’s patupat, the local leaders launched a festival in 2012 to give credit to the town’s well-loved native delicacy. Since then, the celebration became the main highlight of the annual fiesta celebration which is held in January.

If there is one thing that Pozorrubio can be proud of is the fact that a world-class sword producer hails from Brgy. Palac-palac, one of the villages of the town. Knives, swords, battle axes, katana, kris, and kampilan can be bought at Neneng’s Cutlery which is owned by spouses Filomeno and Bernardita de Guzman. Their swords were reported to have been used in Hollywood films like Braveheart, Excalibur, King Arthur, Joan the Arc, 300, and Gladiator.


Kelvin Chan

Vice Mayor
Ernesto Snooky Salcedo

Dennis Uy
Maximiano Balelo
Miguel Abalos
Jovito Estaris
Mark Lee Francisco
Lester Bermudez
Orlando Guillermo
Edwin Bautista


The town of Laoac got its name from the Ilocano expression “nag-la-oa daytoy nga tay-aken” which translates to “How wide this plain is!”. The first Ilocano settlers in late 19th century were in awe as they look at the lush flatlands as people exclaim “Nag’la’oa daytoy nga tay-aken!”.

Laoac is the youngest municipality in the province of Pangasinan. The Provincial Board of Pangasinan approved the Municipal Council Resolution No. 29, converting Laoac into a distinct town. The Provincial Board endorsed the resolution to Congress in 1971. Congressman Antonio P. Villar, Sr. filed the R.A No. 6485, aiming to establish the municipality of Laoac but the proclamation of Martial Law delayed the process.

Due to the persistence and unwavering resolve of political leaders like Hon. Antonio Villar, Hon. Conrado Estrella, Hon. Jeremias Montemayor, the Hon Felipe de Vera and Hon. Roque de Guzman, all were Assemblymen from Pangasinan, the town was created on March 5, 1980, headed by its first chief executive, Mayor Westrimundo Tabayoyong.

Laoac is part of the fifth congressional district of Pangasinan. It has a land area of 4,050 hectares and a population of 34,128 according to the 2020 census.

The town’s vast flatlands and fertile soil made Laoac an ideal place for farming with rice and corn as its prime commodities. One of the largest dairy farms in the province, the Laoac Dairy Farm, produces pasteurized milk that will soon be distributed in various feeding programs for malnourished children in Pangasinan. Under the administration of Governor Ramon V. Guico III, the management and operation of the facility are now handled by the Provincial Government as it shoulders the operating costs. This is mainly to multiply breeder stock and to create more business opportunities for the people for viable community-based activities. It is likewise envisioned to generate more livelihood, employment, and income, thereby reducing poverty and improving quality of life.


Ricardo Balderas

Vice Mayor
Nelson Gayo

Glaiza Mae Collado
Wilson Quinto
Yolanda Rufo
Charito Calica
Rolando Ramos
Edgar Elleazar
Jose Benedict Lopena
Ruben Allado


Binalonan got its name from the Pangasinan term “balon,” meaning packed lunch. The town was originally owned by a Spanish occupier named Don Salvador, and his workers used to take their lunch and siesta under camachile trees located in the center of Don Salvador’s property, which shielded them from the heat of the sun. When Ilocano immigrants came to work for Don Salvador, they asked him where to locate his land, and he replied, “find the camachile trees where people bring their balon to eat.”

Binalonan is situated in eastern Pangasinan and is part of the province’s fifth congressional district. It is 51 kilometers away from Lingayen, the capital town of Pangasinan. The town has a land area of 8,400 hectares and a population of 56,382 according to the 2020 census.

While in Binalonan, tourists can visit several attractions, such as the Ju-Po Farm, a 1.5-hectare farm located in Barangay Mangcasuy. The farm is surrounded by lush greenscapes and rice fields, and several restored antique houses were put together by the farm’s owner and head curator, Dr. Apolinario Bautista. Visitors can also explore the Lubas Valley Farm, an eco-friendly attraction that promotes recycling and sustainable tourism through its clean source of energy and locally cultivated products. The Balai Iti Dumanon Visitors Center is also open to provide information and a brief history of Binalonan.

Under the leadership of then-mayor and the incumbent governor Ramon Mon-Mon Guico III, the 26-hectare North Luzon Aero Industrial Park (NAIP) was created, making it the first industrial park in Pangasinan. Corporations such as Sumi-North Wiring Systems Corp., a domestic subsidiary of Japanese conglomerate Sumitomo Electric Industries Inc., have already started operations in the park, generating tens of thousands of jobs for Binalonians and other nearby towns.


Ramon Ronald Guico IV

Vice Mayor
Bryan Louie Balangue

William Aradanas
Renato Legaspi
Glory Jovelyn Manaois
Brenda Paderes
Carl Joseph Patawaran
Juan Delos Santos
Arturo Romua
Marie Anne Baybayan


Bautista was known as a melting pot of cultures during the Spanish occupation due to its diverse population and languages. Pangasinenses, Ilocanos, Tagalogs, Pampangos, Chinese, and Spanish all lived in harmony, and the town played a major role in trade between different provinces. In 1900, Bautista became a municipality with Don Ramon Reynado as its first chief executive. However, the town’s heyday ended when the alternate rail route of San Quintin to Paniqui was opened, effectively bypassing Bautista. The town also faced significant damage from massive flooding in 1934 and 1972. Despite these setbacks, Bautista gradually recovered and became a thriving agricultural town.

Bautista is located in the fifth congressional district, 43 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen. It has a land area of 8213 hectares and a population of 35,398 according to the 2020 census.

Bautista is known as the “walis tambo” (broom grass) capital of Pangasinan due to its lucrative broom-making industry. Other notable products from Bautista include rice, corn, tobacco, onions, ampalaya, and buro.


Joseph Espino

Vice Mayor
Rosemarie Gacutan

Joren Aaron Espino
Alfredo Laguardia
Simplicio Petinez
Alex Tagulao
Julius Mejia
Jesus Villanueva JR.
Raem Aquino
Ramiro Sagum


Alcala was a barrio of the town of Bayambang, formerly called “Dangla,” named after a medicinal bush native to the area. Early settlers from different Ilocos provinces traveled to the settlement using animal-drawn carts. As the population grew, the people filed a petition for the separation of Dangla from Bayambang on April 1, 1873. On September 20, 1875, the Spanish crown granted the petition by issuing Royal Decree No. 682, making the barrio of Dangla the town we know today as Alcala.

Alcala is part of the fifth congressional district of the province of Pangasinan. It has a land area of 5,508 hectares and is 49 kilometers from the capital town Lingayen. According to the 2020 census, Alcala has a population of 48,908 people.

The Holy Cross Parish Church, built in 1881, not only serves as a place of worship for the locals but also as a tourist attraction frequented by faithful across neighboring municipalities. Alcala celebrates its annual Music Festival, locally known as the Turak Festival, to commemorate its founding anniversary every September.

The town’s main products include tobacco, corn, livestock, and poultry, as well as woodcraft and candle making.


Jojo Callejo

Vice Mayor
Rodolfo Rosquita

Eduardo Dela Cruz JR.
Amado Bauzon
Marcelino Tercias
Mark Ryan Catalan
Johnny Carajay
Cherry Beth Mamitag
Gerardo Ablao
Top Jigur Peregrino