Even before the arrival of the Spaniards in the province in 1571, Sual was already being used by traders to barter goods. People from China, Cambodia, Thailand, and many other neighboring states frequent the port of Sual as the deep mooring made it a suitable place for large ships to dock.

Sual was mostly inhabited by Pangasinan-speaking people until 1818 when migrants from Ilocos provinces arrived in droves. The new residents introduced a better way of farming and expanded the cultivation of lands to produce a greater amount of crops with the excess being sold to traders both local and foreign.

The town of Sual used to be part of the municipality of Labrador but through a decree issued on May 20, 1805, by Governor General Rafael Maria de Aguilar, the town separated and became an independent municipality.

Sual is part of the first congressional district bordering the city of Alaminos and the towns of Labrador and Mabini. Sual is located 26 approximately kilometers from the capital town Lingayen. It has a total land area of 13,016 hectares and a population of 39,091 people according to the 2020 census.

Sual is a first-class municipality and the second-richest town in the country in terms of assets in 2017. The presence of infrastructures and industries such as the 1200 megawatt Sual Coal-Fired Powerplant and the Sual International Port complemented with Sual’s efficient tax and revenue collection made that possible.

Tourism is a boon for Sual as well. The Masamirey Cove Resort, a popular destination among domestic and foreign tourists, boasts luxurious amenities inspired by Asian architecture. The picturesque view of Bagbag Beach and Little Batanes is also a popular destination in the town of Sual.

A fishing town, Sual is one of the biggest producers of fish in the province. Sual produces more bangus (milkfish) than Dagupan with 900 hectares dedicated to bangus farming. Popular among visitors are the stalls of different fresh and fried fish products that stretch along the roads of Sual.


Liseldo Calugay

Vice Mayor
John Christopher Arcinue

Apple Joy Mendoza
Presco Edrosolan
Dionisio Caburao
Maximo Millan
Gregorio Garcia
Alexander Rigonan
Samson Brudo
Mherlie Osana


Originally part of the Province of Zambales, the town of Mabini was initially called “Balincaguin” which came from the Sambalic phrase “Bali Lan Caguin” which translates to “abode of bats” as the caves found in the area were inhabited by bats.

Although the town was founded by Don Isidro Puzon in 1800, Balincaguin is speculated to be first discovered by Augustinian Recollects in 1610. To honor one of the country’s greatest heroes Apolinario Mabini, considered to be the brains of the revolution against the Spanish empire, the town of Balincaguin was renamed Mabini in 1930.

Mabini is part of the first congressional district of the Province of Pangasinan. It has a land area of 29,101 hectares and a population of 26,454 according to the 2020 census.

Tourism-wise, the town of Mabini is famous for its caves. Visitors can visit the Cacupangan Cave System, a four-kilometer subterranean gem complete with an underground river and beautifully carved limestone formations of stalagmites and stalactites. The cave system has multiple entrances that span over several barangays. One is the Binmatya Cave, popular for its rimstone formation. Other entrances to the Cacupangan Cave System are the Ara-saas and Sto. Rosario Caves. Mabini’s flora and fauna above ground are also a must-see when visiting Mabini with Balincaguin River and Timore Mountain on top of the list.

Agricultural produce like rice, mangoes, cashew nuts, and vegetables are the main products produced in the agricultural town of Mabini. Livestock and Poultry industries as well as baskets & sawali making are also major contributors to its economic output.


Colin Reyes

Vice Mayor
Darius Bonalos

Roger Romero
Romel Federico Boling
Alvin Briana
Fernando Fontelera
Jose Barao
Christian Zeus Barcelona
Christian Karl Pamo
Richard Barrocan


The town of Infanta, Pangasinan, formerly a barangay called San Juan, named after its Patron Saint, was organized into a municipality on October 4, 1876, under the stewardship of Don Juan Miano and Don Juan Merindo. The newly formed municipality was named San Felipe. Due to constant raids by criminals called ‘tulisanes”, the municipality was moved west of its original site. The town was named Infanta to honor the then “Infanta queen Isabela” of the Spanish Empire.

Originally part of the municipality of Santa Cruz, Zambales, Infanta, upon enactment of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903, of the Philippine Commission, the northern part of Zambales including Infanta was annexed to the Province of Pangasinan.

Infanta belongs to the first congressional district. It has a land area of 25,429 hectares and a population of 26,262 according to the 2020 census. The town is 95 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen.

Salt making is a massive industry in Infanta where the town’s salt farms are also visited by tourists who are curious to learn the art of salt-making. Agricultural and livestock production is a major industry in Infanta harvesting an average of 12,000 metric tons of palay annually and a considerable number of cattle, swine, and poultry farms operating in the area.


Marvin Martinez

Vice Mayor
Virgilio Vallarta

Nancy Millora
Charlito Maniago
Luis Madarang
Randy Gabuyo
Jerome Melanio
Josephine Mores
Jesse Beltran
Michelle Callanta  


The name Dasol was coined from a medicinal herb called “dosol” that grew abundantly in the area during the Spanish occupation. Dasol was established as a municipality in the 19th century. Dasol along with other western towns of Pangasinan seceded from Zambales and was annexed to the province of Pangasinan on November 7, 1903.

Dasol is part of the first congressional district with a land area of 16,660 hectares and a population of 31,355 according to the 2020 census.

The town is known for its salt-making industry. Large ponds are filled with salt water where natural evaporation allows the salt to be dried up and harvested. Dasol bay stretches the entire coastline of Dasol and is where the town gets its saltwater. Aquaculture, rice, and fruit wine-making are products also produced in Dasol.


Rizalde Bernal

Vice Mayor
Edgardo Fontelera

Angelo Emmanuel Gabuyo
Mark Anthony Carrera
Nelson Espinosa
Loreto Riaza
Manuel Rivera
Gerardo Rivera
Jon Ray Aseo
Richard Garcia  


Burgos was founded by Ilocano settlers from Ilocos Norte who petitioned the government to create a town out of the settlement as the population steadily increased. The request to establish the municipality was granted, naming the new town San Isidro de Putot. Years later, the town was renamed Burgos after a Filipino priest who fought against the Spanish occupiers. The town was originally part of the province of Zambales but was ceded to the province of Pangasinan together with Alaminos, Bolinao, Anda, Bani, Agno, and Infanta by virtue of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903, of the Philippine Commission.

Located at the westernmost point of Luzon, Burgos is part of the first congressional district of Pangasinan and is 65 kilometers away from the capital town of Lingayen. It has a land area of 13,132 hectares and a population of 23,749 according to the latest census data.

Burgos is famous for its natural wonders like Cabongaoan White Sand Beach, Pao Beach, Paratek Beach, Rolling Hills, and Sangbay Falls, which attract tourists from all over the country who come to unwind. The town’s main products are rice, bamboo, charcoal, coconut, and fish.


JessterAllan Valenzuela

Vice Mayor
Alberto Guiang Jr.

Jovito Bonsato
King Jordan Valenzuela
Ronie Balisalisa
Fred Christian Nacar
Alvin Tolentino
Osward Gines
Norman Rosete
Wowie Bongar

Alaminos City

Alaminos City was part of Bolinao, known as Barrio Casborran in the Province of Zambales. It became an independent town in 1747. Upon the enactment of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903, by the Philippine Commission, Alaminos and the towns of Bolinao, Anda, San Isidro de Putot (now Burgos), Bani, Agno, and Infanta were annexed by Pangasinan.

Known for the world-renowned Hundred Islands, Alaminos City is a 4th-class component city in the first congressional district of the Province of Pangasinan. Alaminos City is 42 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen and has a land area of 16,426 hectares with a population of 99,397 according to the 2020 census.

Alaminos City owes its remarkable growth to its tourism industry. In 2019, Alaminos City was able to attract domestic and international tourists in excess of 500,000, thanks to its famous Hundred Islands National Park and Alaminos City’s savory longganisa.

The local economy of Alaminos City is still heavily reliant on agriculture, despite it being a popular tourist destination in the province, with 53% of its inhabitants engaged in agriculture.


Arth Bryan Celeste

Vice Mayor
Jan Marionne Fontelera

Michelle Segundera
Carolyn Sison
Arthur Celeste JR.
Apple Joy Tolentino
Verna Rabago
Joselito Fontelera
Raul Bacay
Dahlia De Leon
Oscar Boling
Kelvin Theus Humilde



There are several legends pertaining to the origin of the name Bolinao. Some believe that the name “Bolinao” came from the fish called “monamon” or what Tagalogs, Bicolanos, and Visayans call “bolinao”. Another legend is about the “Pamulinawen” tree that abounded in the town long ago. Some people also believe in the legend of a couple named Bolido and Anao. Their love story captured the minds of the locals, creating the portmanteau “Bolinao”.

The town was part of the province of Zambales, along with other western towns, before being annexed by the province of Pangasinan through Public Act No. 1004 on November 30, 1903. The people of Bolinao speak Pangasinan, Ilocano, Tagalog, and their own native language called Bolinao. The language resembles the Sambalic language spoken in the province of Zambales.

It was claimed that the first mass in the country took place in St. James the Great Church, located at the heart of the town. In fact, a marker in front of the church states that the Franciscan missionary ‘Blessed Odorico’ from Friuli (now Udine), Italy, officiated the first Catholic mass in the Philippines, particularly in the town of Bolinao. As the “pioneer of missions in spreading the gospel of the Bible to Asia”, Blessed Odorico was said to have visited the Philippines from China in 1324.

The town of Bolinao is part of the first congressional district of Pangasinan and is 81 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen. It has a land area of 19,722 hectares and a population of 83,979 according to the 2020 census.

Its massive fishing industry inspired the creation of the Mangunguna Festival, which translates to the Fisherman Festival, attracting thousands of tourists annually. Bolinao is dubbed the Boracay of Pangasinan due to its powdery white sand beaches and coconut trees planted along the coast of Patar beach. Balingasay River is another attraction owing to its title as the ‘cleanest river’ in Region 1. It is also the ‘home of the giant clams.’

While on vacation, tourists also indulge in a Bolinao delicacy called binungey, a sweet sticky rice inside a bamboo cooked slowly over charcoal or woodfire.


Originally known as San Simon, Bani got its name from a tall bani tree, on top of which the Immaculate Conception, Patron Saint of San Simon, was discovered after it disappeared from the church altar.

On March 18, 1769, the municipality of Bani was founded as part of the province of Zambales. Later, on November 21, 1903, Bani, along with Alaminos, Bolinao, San Isidro de Potot now Burgos, and Infanta, was annexed by Pangasinan.

Located 56 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen, Bani is part of the first congressional district. It has a total land area of 19,243 hectares and a population of 52,603, according to the latest census.

Bani is well-known for its sweet watermelons, and the town celebrates the annual Pakwan Festival or Watermelon Festival to promote itself as the watermelon capital of the North. In addition to this, Bani is also home to several local tourist attractions. Surip beach is a picturesque rocky cliff with a breathtaking view of the West Philippine Sea. Not far from the beach is the Redeemer’s Cross pilgrimage site where tourists and faithful converge to offer prayers.

Apart from watermelons, Bani is also famous for producing aquaculture products, salt, rice, and yellow corn products.


Once part of the municipality of Bolinao, Anda used to be uninhabited in the early years of the 19th century and only utilized by fisherfolks as a safe haven during the typhoon season. On May 10, 1842, the first settlers arrived after Andales Kulayo found the land to be fertile and suitable for grazing. During the year, settlers started to pour in until Anda’s booming population prompted the leaders to file a petition to form a municipality. On May 26, 1849, the petition for the township was granted, and by January 1850, the site for the plaza, church, town hall, convent, cemetery, and streets were laid out.

Anda is an island town located in the western part of the province of Pangasinan and is part of the first congressional district. It has a land area of 8,380 hectares and a population of 41,548 according to the 2020 census.

Known for its sweet delicacy called binungey, a sweet sticky rice soaked with coconut milk inside bamboo and cooked slowly in charcoal or wood fire, the municipality celebrates its annual Binungey Festival every April. Anda is also famous for its white sand beaches.

Its main products include salt, palm/mango vinegar, honey, and buri products.


The name Agno was coined from a type of swamp tree called “Agno Castor” that grew abundantly in the area. Locals claim that Agno Castor’s concoction can help relieve body pains and illnesses. In 1791, Agno was officially organized into a municipality as part of the Province of Zambales but was annexed by the Province of Pangasinan on November 30, 1903, through the enactment of Public Act No. 1004.

Agno is located in western Pangasinan and is part of the first congressional district. It has a population of 29,947 with an average growth rate of 1.29% per annum according to the 2020 census. It is home to one of the most popular tourist attractions in the province, the Umbrella rocks of Sabangan. It is a group of large rock formations shaped like mushrooms along the coast of Agno. The town holds the annual Umbrella Rocks Festival to celebrate the amazing geological formation that has attracted tourists from all over the country.

Agno produces varieties of fruits such as mangoes and duhat during the summer season, although its fishing and farming industry remains as the main source of livelihood among the locals.


Gualberto Sison

Vice Mayor
Jonathan Doromal

Richard Raquel
Kristine Feble
Lorna Nivera
Archimedes Bundal JR.
Edilberto Manalastas
Obed Sison
Elmo Nilo
Charlie Dave Rosete